Artist Residency Opportunity in Tehran
Kooshk Artist Residency Award (KARA 2016)
Deadline: January 15th – 2016
Winners’ Declaration: 15th – 2016
Duration: May 2016 (1-31)
Kooshk residency is a non-political cultural and artistic space in Tehran. Kooshk, with sponsorship of private section tries to provide a convenient space for artists, curators, researchers, writers and filmmakers to encourage inter-cultural dialogues and art creation.
The Kooshk Artist Residency Award has been implemented to support artists, creativity and the development of new ideas in the unique space of Tehran. This Residency program is a chance for attendants to do research and experiment, develop professionally maintain direct dialogues and the exchange of ideas in order to grow and nurture their creativity, and try new methods of working and thinking. The Residency will be an annual event lasting one month and will be offered to four selected artists working in any field of art.During the residency, Kooshk will provide a dynamic and distinctive situation for international artists to work and exchange ideas with local artists, critics and researchers. The program emphasizes a balance between working in a personal space and working in collaboration with other artists and interacting with viewers and the environment. In line with its goals, Kooshk will make any effort to have a contribution in the growth of cultural and social views, by gathering local, national and international artists with a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines in the cultural and artistic space of Tehran and by creating the possibility for exchanging ideas.
All expenses including flight tickets, accommodation, living expenses as well as a modest contribution toward materials will be paid by Kooshk.
• Applications will be received through an online application procedure.
• Applications will be processed in compliance with declared criteria by a jury of the award.
• Aaron Cezar – Creative Producer and Director of Delfina Foundation
• Michket Krifa – Independent Curator and Art critic of African and Middle Eastern Photography
• Naiza Khan – Artist, Researcher and Founding Trustee of Vasl Artists’ Collective, Pakistan.
• Susan Hapgood – Curator, Executive Director at International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP), Senior Advisor to ICI, and Founder and Director of the Mumbai Art Room
• Tooraj Khamenehzadeh – Artist, Curator and Program Manager of Kooshk Residency and Co-Founder and a Member of the Board of Directors of Rybon Art Center
All international artists, active in any art discipline, under the age of 40 are eligible to apply for the Kooshk Award.
All applicants must fill in the application form providing the following:
• Personal Information
• Two References
• Artist Statement
• Motivation Letter
• Work Samples
• Competency of the application, including the quality of resume and sample works
• Innovativeness of the proposal, outputs and concrete outcomes
• Compatibility of the proposal/plan with the award’s goals and the extent of the award’s significance in realizing the proposal
• English language skills
Take it into consideration that artists with interdisciplinary interests are prioritized.
Find the second Kooshk Artist Residency Award’s application form here. Hard copy and email submissions are not accepted. Inquire
here with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please Remember:
Applying early is smart. As there will be a high number of applicants submitting at the last days/moments of deadline, we will not grant you any deadline extension or help to submit if something goes wrong.