CALL FOR APPLICATIONS | Course – Visual Thinking & Making 2022-23
Main program dates: 1 Nov 2022 – 29 March 2023
Application deadline: 30 September 2022
Full Program details available here
What will this course cover?
Month 1 (NOV 1 – 27):
Critical history of photography
Month 2 (28 NOV – 27 DEC):
Project field work I
Month 3 (28 DEC 2022 – 24 JAN 2023):
Writing Workshop – I
Critical thinking and reading on photography
Craft of writing proposals, artist statements
Month 4 (25 JAN – 28 FEB):
Project field work II
Month 5 (1 – 29 MARCH):
Marketing and funding
30 Sep : Application deadline
12 Oct : Announcement of the selected participants
1 Nov : Beginning of the Program
29 March 2023 : End of the Program
- There are a maximum of 12 seats for the program this year
- Application is open to all nationalities across South Asia. However, the priority will be given to Nepali applicants (10 Nepalis + 2 Internationals).
- The program is designed for young practitioners with a minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- Tuition fee: NPR 70,000 (to be paid in 2 installments – 75% + 25%) for Nepali participants; USD 1000 for non-Nepali participants.
- International students are responsible for their own local expenses including travel and accommodation. photo.circle can help to find local accommodation.
- One deserving Nepali participant will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and a second Nepali participant will receive a 50% tuition fee waiver.
- The majority of classes will happen in person.
OUR TEACHING TEAM :
NayanTara Gurung Kakshapati
Diwas Raja KC
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2022:
- A letter of motivation that tells us about yourself and why you wish to participate in this program. (300 – 500 words)
- An updated CV
- A portfolio of 15-20 images that demonstrates your storytelling abilities (single images will not be accepted). Files should be 1000px on the longest side, 72 dpi, named as LASTNAME_01.jpg.
For questions/concerns/confusions regarding the program and its application procedures, please do not hesitate to contact:
Sagar Chhetri – Program Coordinator
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org