Call for Applications | FICA Emerging Artist Award 2014
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art invites applicants for Emerging Artist Award 2014.
The Emerging Artist Award seeks to promote young artists studying or practicing in India who demonstrate extraordinary skill and promise in the visual arts. Selected by an independent jury of distinguished artists and professionals in the field, the recipient gets the opportunity to travel and work in an international residency and exhibit in a solo show in India.
FICA is pleased to be collaborating with Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council and Vadehra Art Gallery for the Emerging Artist Award 2014.
The award includes:
• A twelve-week residency in Switzerland, round trip air travel from their town in India, a per diem during the time of the residency, and access to the residency’s technical equipments.
• A solo exhibition at the Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi, developed in collaboration with FICA.
Please include the following material in your application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Completed EAA 2014 Application Form (see below for link).
• Images of up to 20 works, each image labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, date, dimensions and medium. If works are part of a series please provide multiple images (each series will be considered a separate work.) If there are video file(s) it should be compatible for playback on Windows Media/VLC/Real Player. Clearly mark the CD/DVD with applicant’s name and contact information. CD/DVDs which do not open or are damaged will not be considered a valid entry.
• Current resume.
• An artist’s statement, explaining your practice and interests, and a brief explanation on the works submitted here.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM PDF or WORD
DEADLINE – 30 JUNE 2014
Duely completed applications along with the CD/DVD of all required documents and images can be submitted at –
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art
D53, Defence Colony, New Delhi 110024
If you have any further questions please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org