CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR A RESIDENCY GRANT
AT UNIDEE – University of Ideas at Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto
in Biella, Italy
Residency period: May 2nd – July 2nd 2016
UNIDEE – University of Ideas (http://www.cittadellarte.it/unidee) is a multifaceted educational platform investigating the relationship between art and public sphere, through a new programme of weekly residential modules based on interdisciplinary research, knowledge sharing and experience exchange, alongside a series of artists’ residency projects.
UNIDEE – University of Ideas offers an educational programme based on a weekly research and project laboratory under the guidance of a mentor who is an expert in the theme of that specific module and the active participation of a guest. Through residential dynamics, UNIDEE is designed to form artivators, people who intend to use art as a methodology, practice and language, becoming agents for the activation of responsible actions and processes in the territories in which they live and carry out their professional activities. In 2016 the programme is based on a close examination of three macro-topics: research, gift and alteration.
The structure of UNIDEE – University of Ideas is articulated through four types of activities investigating the relationship between art and public sphere:
- Weekly residential modules taking place at Cittadellarte, open to students (who can gain ECTS credits), professionals, activists as well as members of society. They are held by mentors who are experts on the three broad thematic areas chosen each year and examined in depth through participatory practices and a multidiciplinary approach.
- Seminar modules taking place at Cittadellarte and/or at external partner centres
- Residency programmes for international artists at Cittadellarte
- Connective Residency at Cittadellarte
ABOUT THIS RESIDENCY
A 2 month long educational residency programme
based on the relationship between participatory art practices
and socio-political transformation of society
from May 2nd – July 2nd 2016
The 2 month long residency offered through this joint grant (Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation & Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto) includes:
– return travel from India to Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto
– 2 months’ stay at Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto (single room in an apartment shared with other international residents-inclusive of cleaning services, use of shared studio space and workshop facilities)
– insurance (travel and medical insurance for accidents)
– expert visits, networking sessions, institutional visits, visits to museums and galleries, and travel within Northern Italy
– a small budget for production and communication, translations
– a modest per diem
– attendance to two weekly residential modules:
9/ 13 May
Mineral Rights. Site Exploration: Biella Guide Tours
Mentor: Lara Almarcegui
Guest: Marco Giardino (Geologist and Professor of Applied Geomorphology at University of Turin, Italy)
23/ 27 May
Mentor: Cesare Pietroiusti
Guest: Aldo Spinelli
You are eligible to apply if (all conditions below must be met):
– you are a citizen of India
– you currently reside in the country
– you were born during or after 1987
– you have not previously received grants from Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation for overseas projects
– you have a fluent knowledge of the English language
Please note that the residency dates are fixed and no change can be accepted. Once the artist signs the agreement, it is mandatory to respect the given dates.
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, 15th March, 2016
Only digital submissions are accepted.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation will prepare an initial short-list of candidates, amongst whom UNIDEE – University of Ideas’ curatorial board will select one residency grant winner. Final results will be released on Tuesday, March 29th, 2016.
Please submit your applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org HYPERLINK “mailto: email@example.com “with INLAKS/UNIDEE application (your name) as a subject line (Up to 10 MB per email. If you are submitting more than one email, please state that, for example as subject: INLAKS/UNIDEE application (your name) 1 of 3 / 2 of 3 / 3 of 3.
Download the form from below link :