Call for Applications: Programmes Manager and Curator at Khoj
Khoj International Artists’ Association is seeking candidates for the post of Programmes Manager and curator to lead Khoj’s curatorial projects, residencies, exhibitions and other events. This is a call for a full time position. Candidates would additionally work on communications, administrative duties and other aspects of the organisation’s functioning. Applications are invited from individuals who have had requisite experience in the field of art administration, curation and academics and are interested in art practice and contemporary art.
Khoj International Artists’ Association is a non-profit experimental contemporary art organisation, based in Khirkee Extension, New Delhi. It hosts a wide range of contemporary arts related public programming, including artist residencies, exhibitions, public lectures, seminars and workshops.
A Programmes Manager and Curator with Khoj International Artists’ Association works closely with the rest of the Khoj team to ideate and implement all the internal programming at Khoj, including thematic residencies, exhibition, seminars, talks and other events. This is a full-time position based in Delhi. The responsibilities of a Programmes Manager include:
- Co-ordination, implementation, curation and ideation of internal programming at Khoj in collaboration with the rest of the Khoj team
- Liaising with artists and collaborating organizations
- Writing and developing project proposals and proposals towards fundraising/ securing grants.
- Writing press releases and reports.
- Coordinating in-house publishing projects
- Assisting with fundraising related communications and tasks
- Managing programmes and inquiries related to programming in the building
- Managing Khoj’s online presence, on social media, events, website, etc
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Professional Experience in the field of Arts Management/Curation of at least 1 year
- Academic Qualification of Masters (or equivalent) in Arts Management/Curation/Art Practice/Social Sciences
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self driven with the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in MS office. Proficiency with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro would be an advantage
Role: Programmes Manager and curator
Work Arrangement: Full time permanent position
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programmes Manager for Khoj” in the subject line.
- Resume (not more than 2 pages)
- Expression of Interest and Suitability for the Position
- 2 Recommendation Letters from academic and professional seniors
Last Date for applications: November 10, 2018
Joining Date: December 1, 2018
Remuneration: As per qualifications and work experience