Call for Applications: Student’s Biennale Curator
Application Deadline: October 15, 2015
Kochi Biennale Foundation is inviting applications from curators for the second edition of Student’s Biennale. The project is supported by Tata Trusts, in association with Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) and Foundation for Indian Art and Education (FIAE).
Student’s Biennale aims to create an alternative platform for BFA and MFA students from art-colleges in India to produce and exhibit work and for developing a professional pool of curators. It is a real-time project, which emphasises hands-on work with experts in the field, networking with art-colleges across the country and finally culminating in a world-class exhibition in Kochi. The intention for the Student’s Biennale project is to train graduate and post-graduate art students as well as young curators to the processes of contemporary art-making and exhibition-making. The Student’s Biennale will run parallel to the Kochi-Muziris Biennale 2016 in Fort Kochi, Kerala.
The Kochi Biennale Foundation is looking for 15 young curators to lead the Student’s Biennale project. We encourage young curators and aspirants with an interest in art and art-education to consider this opportunity. The selected curators will be given an opportunity to travel to art-schools to engage with graduate and post-graduate students to facilitate a free and open exchange of ideas, knowledge and practices culminating in the exhibition during KMB 2016. The training includes two-week intensive residential programs, mentorship support and finally presentations and community engagements during the exhibition period.
- Selection is based on experience, education and statement of purpose by an Advisory Board appointed by Kochi Biennale Foundation
- The Advisory Board will assign each curator a selected number of art-schools and advisors who will guide the curators throughout the process
- Each curator is expected to travel to the assigned art institutions regularly and interact with the faculty and students of such institutions
- The selected curators are required to complete the entire training requirements as set by the Kochi Biennale Foundation. Reporting, evaluating and learning processes will have to be shared every month with the KBF’s Student’s Biennale team
- The chosen curators will be responsible till the post-exhibition stage of the exhibition. The detailed requirements will be provided during the orientation program.
- The chosen curators will be expected to maintain timelines, co-ordinate transport of works, interactions with institutions and work alongside the KBF’s Programming Team under the guidance of the Director of Programmes
- All finances including stipend for the chosen curators will be organised and supported by the Kochi Biennale Foundation
- The duration of engagement is October 2015 to April 2017.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a.Your updated CV with a recent photograph
b.Full contact details including physical mailing address, email and phone numbers
c. A statement of purpose and interest (not exceeding 300 words)
d.A sample of your writing (if any)
e. Any additional information relevant to the project