CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC WORK
PHOTOGRAPHY IN INDIA IN LIGHT YEARS AND DIGITAL TIMES
We are inviting photographic submissions for a book on photography in India (Editors: Aileen Blaney and Chinar Shah)
This publication will open up new dialogues around photography in India, exploring its present and future through a range of theoretical, critical and visual frameworks. India’s rapid urban and rural transformation in recent years is synchronous with changes in photographic practice, with the medium oftentimes being pushed to breaking point in order to talk about the problems of India. Far from the much-hyped death of photography, a new generation of photographers are making images – without precedence in the earlier traditions of documentary and photojournalism practised by their forerunners – that form part of a new terrain of photography in India today. Here and elsewhere, there has been a shift in emphasis from that of taking photographs to making images, from chemistry and light to programming and algorithms. Cameraless photography is gaining ground globally and yet there is renewed demand in countries across Europe and Asia for analogue technology. A subsequent proliferation in the supply of images, allied with an expanded range in image-making technologies and photo-sharing platforms are indicative of the scope of photography in India today, and provide a lens through which to gauge its possible futures. Thoughtful and imaginative exploration through photography of developments at the level of medium and issues relating to contemporary India is deserving of attention.
We welcome photographers, artists and practitioners to submit a body of work that fits within the theme of the book.
– Please submit a body of work on a dedicated theme. You are welcome to submit more then one body of work. there was a gap before the full stop
– Single images are not accepted. Image size should not exceed more than 1 MB.
– Please do not zip the folder. You can either attach images individually or use google drive.
– If you are submitting more than one body of work please send in a separate email.
– In case of selection, high resolution images suitable for print publication will be required
– Please do include a short write up for the work along with a few lines about yourself embedded in the email.
Please send your submissions to email@example.com before 30th October, 2015.
We will attempt to notify all correspondents before December 1 regarding the status of their submission.