Dharamshala International Film Festival hiring a Festival Manager
DIFF is looking for a Festival Manager to lead and manage the overall preparation, execution and roll out of the festival, which will take place from 1 to 4 November 2018.
More information below. If you know someone who might fit the bill, please share this announcement.
– Minimum 2–3 years of experience in film festivals or other associated event management scenarios.
– Expert command over written and spoken English along with a working knowledge of Hindi.
– An interest in independent cinema is desired but not essential.
– Ability to work in a team and with local communities.
– Pleasant personality, strongly motivated independent worker.
– Good communication and liaison skills are a MUST.
– Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
– Familiarity with WordPress and other digital and social media platforms.
– Some knowledge of Illustrator/InDesign helpful.
– Willing to work both long distance and relocate to Dharamshala for 4–6 months.
– Ability to adjust to the local terrain of Dharamshala and intense work hours in the weeks preceding and during the festival.
– Responsible for the overall management of the festival.
– Assist the Festival Directors with sponsorships, liaison, and other day-to-day administrative tasks involved in running a festival.
– Coordinate between the different departments of the festival and facilitate communication between them.
– Lead and participate in the daily tasks of the Dharamshala-based DIFF Office.
– Work with our Outreach Coordinator in bringing films to villages, schools, etc., in the region
– Volunteer Coordination: Putting out calls for volunteers, selection and final management with the Volunteer Coordinator for the festival.
– Work with product supplies to schedule and coordinate deliveries of festival merchandise, design and other related items.
– Work with the Guest & Hospitality team to ensure efficient communication between guests and the festival.
– Oversee the Print Traffic for the festival.
– Set up and oversee functioning of the festival venue.
– Oversee marketing and sales of delegate passes.
– Coordinate with vendors who participate in the DIFF Food & Craft Fair during the festival.
– Liaise with local and national government offices for permissions and related documentation.
– Liaise with PR Team and Press & Media for the publicity of the festival.
– Draft and update festival database along with the production of a festival post-production database and report at the end of the festival.
– Period: Full-time (can work from home, but needs to be in Dharamshala for a period in the summer and then full-time from August/September to December)
Salary: Based on experience.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with subject line ‘Application – DIFF 2018 – (Position)’; include a one-page cover letter addressed to ‘Festival Directors DIFF 2018’ detailing your motivation for applying, along with a cv.