FICA EMERGING ARTIST AWARD 2018
FICA INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR EMERGING ARTIST AWARD 2018
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art invites applications for FICA Emerging Artist Award 2018. FICA is happy to continue its collaboration with Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council to provide this opportunity to young artists.
FICA Emerging Artist Award seeks to promote young artists studying or practicing in India who demonstrate extraordinary skill and promise in the visual arts. Selected by an independent jury of distinguished artists and professionals in the field, the recipient gets the opportunity to travel and work in an international residency and the chance to showcase a body of works in an exhibition platform in New Delhi.
The Award includes:
A ninety day residency in Switzerland in 2019 supported by Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council, which includes a round trip air travel from their town in India, a per diem (including local travel) during the time of the residency.
Participation in FICA Homepage, an annual exhibition platform alongside other FICA Grantees in 2020
Requirements for applicants:
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- The applicant needs to be an Indian citizen. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Indian Residents are not eligible.
- In case the applicant is chosen as the recipient of the award he/she should agree to all Terms and Conditions, as listed in the application form, upon accepting the award.
- Please include the following material in your application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please include all the documents in a single email. You may use Google Drive Link/ Dropbox/ or a similar such service to send your application to ficaemergingartistaward@gma
- Completed EAA 2018 Application Form
- Images of up to 20 works, each image labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, date, dimensions and medium. If works are part of a series please provide multiple images (each series will be considered a separate work.) If there are video file(s) it should be compatible for playback on Windows Media/VLC/Real Player.
- Current résumé.
- An artist’s statement, explaining your practice and interests, and a brief explanation on the works submitted here.
You can download the application form here.
We are grateful for the exhibition support offered by Vadehra At Gallery New Delhi as part of this platform.
For information on previous awardees, please click here.
EAA 2017-18 recipient Moonis Ahmad Shah is currently pursuing his residency in Switzerland. Click here to know more.
In case of any further queries please write to us at email@example.com.
Please note that FICA will only accept completed applications sent to ficaemergingartistaward@gma