FICA Inlaks Goldsmiths Scholarship 2015-16
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art in partnership with Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation and Goldsmiths, University of London, invites applications for The FICA Inlaks Goldsmiths Scholarship 2015-16.
The scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for an Indian student applying for the M.Res in Curatorial/Knowledge program at Department of Visual Cultures, Goldsmiths, University of London starting September 2015. The scholarship covers tuition fees, local accommodation, return flight from India, and visa expenses. The scholarship is for the 1 year full-time course, starting September 2015.
Deadline : 10 May 2015
Download application form from HERE
M.Res in Curatorial/Knowledge – Potential candidates for the M.Res programme should hold an undergraduate degree in the arts and humanities fields. Candidates should have an interest in the curatorial both as the practice of exhibition making and putting various things on display, but even more in the curatorial as a system of knowledge production, of the different assemblages of knowledge that curating as a working principle has brought into the field. The program will provide the seminar in Curatorial/Knowledge as well as access to any graduate courses and seminars in the Department of Visual Cultures. For more information on the M.Res programme at Goldsmiths see http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/mres-
- The scholarship is open only to candidates under the age of 40 years.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and should reside in India at the time of application.
- The applicant should have a valid passport for the duration of travel/course.
- The applicant should hold an undergraduate degree from a recognised Indian university. Applicants who have completed their under graduation from outside India should have lived in India for at least two years after their graduation.
- Applicants who are currently pursuing or have completed their postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible.
- This scholarship is only available for the above mentioned M.Res. program and will not support any other programmes available at Goldsmiths.
To apply for this scholarship the following documents will need to be submitted to FICA.
- Completed application form
- One page personal statement
- One page proposal for M.Res. Research Project
- Updated CV with academic qualifications
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- Two samples of writing (preferably published)
- Applicants are required to submit names of two referees with their contact details.
The submitted documents will be forwarded to the Department of Visual Cultures at Goldsmiths for joint review by the University, FICA and Inlaks. The selected candidate will be informed in early June and will be required to submit further documents to the University as required for admission purposes.
- 10 May 2015 — Application submission deadline (to FICA)
- June 2015 — Successful Candidate announcement
- September 2015 – Term start
- Please check the M.Res. in Curatorial/Knowledge webpage (http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/
mres-curatorial-knowledge/ ) and brochure before writing the personal statement or project proposal. The proposed project should be in accordance with the focus of the programme.
- It is not necessary for applicants to send their details directly to the University at this stage. However if you are selected for the scholarship you will be required to submit further details as required by the University of London at a later date.