Job opportunity at Gati : General Manager
Job Title: General Manager
Organisation: Gati Dance Forum
Contract: 1 year
Location: New Delhi
This is a new post to manage the organisation on a full8time basis. The scope of the job is to lead the organisation financially and managerially according to the organisation’s vision.
About ‘Gati’Dance’ Forum
Based in Khirkee Extention, New Delhi, Gati Dance Forum is an autonomous arts initiative that works in the field of contemporary dance. Founded in 2007, in response to the glaring absence of opportunities and infrastructure for independent dance in India, Gati has consistently searched for avenues to create a sustainable environment for the development of contemporary dance practice in the country.
At the core of its work, Gati is committed to a vibrant engagement with contemporary dance through opportunities for reflection, interrogation and innovation. In a span of seven years, it’s activities have grown into a body of pioneering and innovative projects that attempt to address areas as diverse as pedagogy, creation, research, arts advocacy and policy, and outreach.
Both conceived of and run by dance professionals, Gati Dance Forum is a model path8breaking community initiative. Inputs and suggestions from the artists’ community have fed directly into its functioning. Our vision is to create a collaborative ecosystem, which supports dance practice in India that is holistic, dynamic and sustainable, and where diverse artistic voices can flourish.
Gati Dance Forum is looking for a dynamic professional for the management of the organization in accordance to its vision. The role largely includes management of the organisation’s finances including fundraising, coordination of all its projects and overseeing its marketing and public relations. An ideal candidate will have a many years of experience in management and fundraising in relation to the arts. The professional is expected to work closely with Gati Dance Forum’s core team as well as the administrative staff.
• To write the Business Plan for the organisation in collaboration with its projects leaders and directors.
• To take responsibility for the financial efficiency of the organisation.
• To take responsibility of all fundraising activities and ensure that Gati Dance Forum is financially sustainable.
• To lead the efficient administration of the organisation in all its business aspects, assuring its smooth running, promoting its work and reputation and supporting its representation in negotiations with relevant partners, funders and sponsors etc.
• To take overall responsibility for the organisation’s administrative functions, enabling Gati Dance Forum to fulfill the aims, policies and intentions of its Business Plan.
• To take responsibility for the organisation’s day to day HR function in accordance with the organisation’s ethos and ensure the successful development and smooth running of all of its projects.
• To take responsibility for ensuring that Gati Dance Forum conforms to all financial, legal, statutory and contractual requirements.
• To oversee the organisation’s agreed communications and audience development plans as well as its public relations.
• Graduate degree
• Extensive experience in arts management
• Previous experience in fundraising and sponsorship
• Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
• Collaborative spirit
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com
DEADLINE: 30 June 2014