Job opportunity at Gati : Marketing and Promotions Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Promotions Manager
Organisation: Gati Dance Forum
Contract: 1 year
Location: New Delhi
This is a new post to manage the marketing and promotions of the organisation on a full-time basis. The scope of the job is to conceptualise, realize and manage the organisation’s marketing and promotions , i.e. all communications, database, social media portals, public relations etc.
About Gati Dance Forum
Based in New Delhi, Gati Dance Forum is an autonomous arts initiative that works in the field of contemporary dance. Founded in 2007, in response to the glaring absence of opportunities and infrastructure for independent dance in India, Gati has consciously searched for avenues to create a sustainable environment for the development of contemporary dance practice in the
At the core of its work, Gati is committed to a vibrant engagement with contemporary dance through opportunities for reflection, interrogation and innovation. In a span of seven years, its activities have grown into a body of pioneering and innovative projects that attempt to address areas as diverse as pedagogy, creation, research, arts advocacy and policy, and outreach.
Both conceived of and run by dance professionals, Gati Dance Forum is a model path breaking community initiative. Inputs and suggestions from the artists’ community have fed directly into its functioning.
Gati Dance Forum is looking for a committed professional to oversee marketing and promotions of activities of the organization in accordance to its vision. An ideal candidate will have a few years of experience in marketing and social media and a link with the arts will be useful, but not mandatory. The professional is expected to work closely with Gati Dance Forum’s core team as well as the
Key areas of responsibility:
• Maintaining and updating Gati Dance Forum’s website
• Promoting Gati’s activities through social media including Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Coordinating production and dissemination of publicity material for all
projects including posters, brochures, banners, handouts etc.
• Coordinating image/ video production for marketing
• Sorting and managing Gati’s database
• Managing all public relations including magazines, newspapers, websites
• Building and managing onsite connections with arts organizations/
institutions/ cafes/ schools etc. in New Delhi/India and publicizing Gati’s
activities through their networks
• Representing Gati at events in New Delhi and other cities and publicizing
relevant projects/ events
• Collating, designing and disseminating monthly newsletters and event
• Graduate degree
• Interest in art and culture
• Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
• Interest in and familiarity with digital media
• Willingness to learn on the job
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com