Job opportunity at Khoj: Curator & Program Manager
Khoj International Artists’ Association is a registered Society, based in Khirki Extension New Delhi. Khoj aims to connect creative practioners and catalyze interdisciplinary collaboration and experimentation to create new possibilities of art and art-making. It seeks to build networks and informed audiences who engage critically with contemporary art. Khoj invites applications for the following position.
Curator and Program Manager
Reports to: Director
We invite applications from candidates who are dynamic, open to new ideas, innovative and creative and have a special interest in the visual arts.The selected candidate should be flexible in handling a variety of tasks. The working hours may require them to stay late evenings for events. The Curator & Program Manager at Khoj will play a vital part of the Program Team in various programmatic and administrative tasks. The Curator & Programs Manager will be required to:
• Conceptualise programs in the multidisciplinary context that the organisation offers.
• Research, plan, budget, and execute select Khoj programs including residencies, exhibitions, workshops, artist lectures, performances and other special events.
• Liaise with artists and organizations represented in related programs.
• Create new programmes and channels for audience development.
• Write press releases and reports.
Qualifications & skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree preferable in a related discipline
• Upto one year prior work experience in an arts organisation or project
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Organizational and administrative skills
• Competence in using MS Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint
• Willingness to work in a team
Starting Date: Mid August
How to Apply:
Please send in your detailed CV, Cover letter, one reference and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Curator and Programs Manager’ in the subject line.