Kochi-Muziris Biennale | Call for Young Curators
OPEN CALL FOR YOUNG CURATORS
The Kochi Biennale Foundation invites applications from young and aspiring curators from India for the Student’s Biennale project.
The Student’s Biennale aims to create an alternate platform for final year Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA) students from across art-colleges in India. The Student’s Biennale project is scheduled to open on December 13, 2014 and will run parallel to the Kochi-Muziris Biennale 2014 in Fort Kochi, Kerala.
The Kochi Biennale Foundation is looking out for 15 young curators to lead the Students Biennale Project. We encourage young curators and aspirants with an interest in art and art-education to consider this opportunity. The selected curators will be given an opportunity to travel to art-schools to engage with the institution with a focus on final-year BFA students to facilitate a free-and-open exchange of ideas, knowledge and practices culminating in the exhibition during KMB2014.
Points to consider before applying:
• The 15 curators will be chosen by an Advisory Board appointed by Kochi Biennale Foundation.
• The Advisory Board will assign each curator 2 – 3 art-schools and will also guide the curators
• The chosen curators will be expected to travel to the assigned art institutions regularly and interact with the faculty and students of such institution
• The chosen curators will be responsible for choosing the art-works / projects and organising the exhibition with the support of Kochi Biennale Foundation
• The chosen curators will be expected to maintain time lines, coordinate transport of works, interact with institutions and work alongside the KBF’s Programming Team under the guidance of the Director of Programmes
• The chosen curators must be able to articulate in writing their concept of the selected works / projects
• All finances including stipend for the chosen curators will be organised and supported by the Kochi Biennale Foundation
How to apply
• Applications Deadline: 15th August 2014
• Send us an email with the following information:
• An updated CV with a recent photograph
• Full contact– details including physical mailing address, email and phone numbers
• A statement of purpose and interest (not exceeding 300 words)
• A sample of your writing (if any)
• Any additional information relevant to the project
• For further inquiries, write to email@example.com or call on 09562905508.