Max Mueller Bhavan New Delhi – Berlinale Talents 2015
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: BERLINALE TALENTS 2015
Berlinale Talents, Goethe-Institut and FIPRESCI invite young film critics to Berlin.
This is an invitation to apply for The Talent Press, a project of the Berlinale Talents, Goethe-Institut, and FIPRESCI (the International Federation of Film Critics). Young film critics and film journalists will be invited to Berlin to report on the films at the 64th Berlin International Film Festival (February 5 – 15, 2015) and on the events of the Berlinale Talents (February 7 – 12, 2015).
The call for applications for the Talent Press is now open. Please read the following application regulations carefully (they can also be found online at www.berlinale-talents.de and www.fipresci.org)
Young film critics or journalists who are:
• Fluent in English (in writing and speaking);
• Eager to report on films screened at the Berlin International Film Festival and on events held during the Berlinale Talents 2015;
• Have published articles in newspapers, film magazines, on websites or at universities.
What we expect from you
• To be willing to cover a broad range of journalistic work: you will write interviews, reviews, reports, articles and features on the Berlinales and the Berlin International Film Festival.
• To attend daily editorial meetings with a personal mentor (see below).
The work you write may be published on www.berlinale-talents.de and www.fipresci.org. Participants will grant unlimited use and exploitation rights in and to all articles and reviews done in the framework of the Berlinale Talents and the Berlin International Film Festival.
What we will offer you
• The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet and to be with 300 young talented filmmakers from all over the world and to experience the day-to-day buzz of a prestigious A-Festival.
• You will be guided through the Berlin International Film Festival by Oliver Baumgarten (former Chief Editor of “Schnitt”) and other renowned film critics. Aily Nash is your contact person from the Berlinale Talents team.
• Every day, you have the opportunity to write a critique about a film from the festival program or short reviews of an event at the Berlinale Talents programme, and will discuss and review it with your fellow participants and film critics.
• Free accommodation in youth hostels in Berlin from February 5 – 12, 2015.
• A share of the travel expenses depending on your country of origin.
Your online application should include
• Curriculum vitae and personal data (address, email etc.)
• Up to three (3) original copies of articles that you have published in the last two (2) years (if these articles are not in English you should supply us with a decent translation as a proof of your English writing skills for each article).
How to proceed completing an online application
You can only apply on the Berlinale Talents website: www.berlinale-talents.de
(All the relevant information and the application form can be found by clicking on the “Call for Entries” picture on the homepage of the Berlinale Talents site.)
• Get an application number on the website;
• Log in and fill out the complete online application form;
• Please ensure that you have filled out the online application completely. If you are unable to upload your articles, you can send them by regular mail;
• Your work must be at the Berlinale Talents offices by September , 2014 at 23h59 (CET).
Please make sure your name and application number is clearly displayed on the articles you send.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
The application deadline is September 1, 2014. Successful candidates will be notified at the latest by early January.
Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin
Potsdamer Straße 5
T +49 (30) 259 20 515
F +49 (30) 259 20 519
FIPRESCI – International Federation of Film Critics Schleissheimer Str. 83, D-80797 Munich, Germany T +49 (89) 18 23 03, F +49 (89) 18 47 66 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.fipresci.org
Berlinale Talents is an initiative of the Berlin International Film Festival. The Talent Press is organised in cooperation with FIPRESCI and Goethe-Institut.