Media and Communication Manager
Reports to: Director,
Position Type: Full time in New Delhi,India, Mon-Fri, 10:30am-6:30pm
Remuneration: Negotiable as per work experience
Joining Date: 14th November, 2019
Last Date for applications: 9th October, 2019
Summary of Position
Khoj International Artists Association ( Khoj ) seeks a driven and articulate candidate to play an integral role at Khoj, leading it’s media and communications. The Media and Communication Manager creates, in collaboration with the programmes team, content for Khoj’s communication channels. They will assist leadership with grant writing, fundraising, public relations efforts, and other duties as assigned. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in communications, good writing skills, some experience with social media strategy and implementation, along with organizational and planning skills.
- Produce accurate, innovative and engaging content which maintains Khoj’s voice.
- Schedule, post, respond to, and follow relevant online content.
- Strategize, plan and monitor all digital channels to increase audience engagement opportunities.
- Create and manage all social media channels, meet regularly with programmes team to discuss upcoming needs, concerns and opportunities.
- Develop and create graphics, video, audio and written content with the media and production team.
- Manage Khoj’s public relations functions as needed.
- Liaison with the press and other media vehicles in consultation with the Khoj team if they are interested in doing a story on Khoj or any program in particular
- Work with Director and programmes team to write grant proposals and applications and assist in all fundraising activities as required.
- Actively listen to relevant community conversations and monitor the Khoj’s online presence.
- Manage social media posts, emailers and any other campaigns.
- Develop and maintain Khoj’s social media style guide and internal policies to convey consistent voice, tone and brand.
- Maintain open communication with Khoj colleagues to stay informed about upcoming events and initiatives, shaping the messaging for visitors, the community, and followers
- Develop engagement plans to spark return visits and convert followers to members/advocates.
- Manage departmental invoicing and billing
- Contribute/manage the program team’s production calendar.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Three or more years working experience in a communications-related field, knowledge of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Mail Chimp and Adobe Creative Suite and related applications required.
- Demonstrated brand management, campaign marketing and content creation experience.
- Strong writing skills, ability to create messaging content as per medium and occasion.
- Interest in contemporary Indian art, and experience in art based communications is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to use visual storytelling and social listening to create unique and engaging content.
- Digital savvy professional, open to learning a variety of platforms and applications.
- Professional integrity and ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion.
- Strategic thinker with methodical project management and execution skills, with a strong interest in data and metrics
- Ability to interact respectfully, collegially, and professionally.
- Willingness to be a team player throughout the organization, and in the community at large.
- Belief in Khoj’s mission and work
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Photography and videography editing skills preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and see tasks through to completion, and remain flexible under pressure.
Please email a completed job application, cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a cover letter and resume as a single attachment.
Include “MCM: First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.
Khoj International Artists Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Khoj International Artists Association strongly encourages applicants from members of groups underrepresented in careers related to museums and the visual arts.