OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FROM VISUAL ARTISTS
Through an interrelated programme of residencies, exhibitions, and events, Delfina Foundation (DF) provides a platform for artists, curators and thinkers to experiment with bold ideas, explore connections, learn new skills, and build collaborations with colleagues, communities and institutions.
As part of an annual partnership with Charles Wallace India Trust and Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, Delfina Foundation is offering a three-month residency to an Indian visual artist in Autumn 2019 (30 September to 22 December).
Residency Dates: 30 September – 22 December, 2019
Deadline for Applications: 25 November 2018 (23:00 GMT)
During this period, Delfina Foundation’s residency and public programme will be focused on Art, Science and Technology. We would encourage applications from artists whose work connects to these themes. Please find more information on the Art, Science and Technology theme below.
During the residency there will be a loosely structured series of events and activities enabling the selected artist to:
- Research and develop areas of interest;
- Develop skills via training and mentoring;
- Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops; and
- Participate in both internal and external/public events.
THE SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECEIVE:
- A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food/per diems and materials;
- Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities; and
- Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK.
Additionally, the artist will be provided with a single bedroom at DF, which is in a shared house with seven fellow residents. The foundation’s offices are also located in the same building. Shared facilities include bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchen, and dining rooms.
*** Please note that artist-duos or collectives will not be accepted as there is only space for one artist. Accordingly, artists are not able to bring partners or families to the residency.
- An Indian artist living and working in India aged under 35;
- Seeking an opportunity to develop his/her practice and the concepts of his/her artistic work;
- Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit his/her career development and local networks; and
- Proficient in English.
The residency is focused on supporting the next generation of artists. We will give preference to younger artists and those who have not yet had a chance to work internationally.
Applicants are expected to submit:
- The completed application form
- A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
- At least 10 high-quality images of your previous projects or exhibitions, which could include unrealised proposals
Please submit only electronic copies of the above documents to following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 25 November 2018 (23:00 GMT)
Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants will be during the week of 10 December 2018.
Applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by 13 January 2019.