OPEN CALL For Artist in Residency KAOHSIUNG TAIWAN
Pier 2 Artist in Residence opens the 2018 Calls for all field of artist now.
The duration will start at April-July 2018. The deadline is at 31th Dec 2017
We are offering international artist a platform of art and cultural resources for exhibitions, performances, and exchanges.
In order to reach out to a greater population of international applicants, we would like to ask you a favor to promote our event.
It would be a great pleasure for us if you could publish our open call on your website or your social media channels such as twitter or Facebook.
Web link :
PAIR official website http://pair.khcc.gov.tw/home02.aspx?ID=$4001&IDK=2&EXEC=L
The information is in below and attached.
PAIR Artist in Residency 2018 offer 8 participating artists the following
- Free accommodation (private room)/ private studio.
- Round trip economic class airline tickets (proof required for reimbursement).
- A daily living allowance NT$500 per day
- Subsidy Material fees (determined based on the plan of each creation.)
Obligations of Artist :
- Artists are requires to executive residency plan before the residency period expires.
- At least one art work or project of artist by mutual consent, should left in Pier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
- Artists are requires to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the · residency periods. (art works, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.)
- During the residency period, resident artists and groups are prohibited from carrying contraband, flammable materials, explosives, and other hazardous items, and must comply with the regulations governing the use of sites, space or facilities in the Pier-2 Art Center. Resident artists and groups should also exercise due care, maintaining access control, environmental cleanliness, and facility safety.
Resident artists (and groups) should cooperate in art and cultural promotion programs organized by the Pier-2 Art Center, such as seminars, exhibitions, performances, open studios, and other exchange activities.
- A residency program closure report should be submitted before 7 days of the residency period expires and residents withdraw from the venue.
- Foreign artists are requires to deduct USD/ Euro 50 from transportation fees (roundtrip) as a deposit. Local artist are requires to deduct NTD 2000 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artists submitted the closure report, finished communication and cooperation plan, and procedure of checking out.
Applicant can send your application before 31th Dec 2018, using the online form at the application page.(https://goo.gl/forms/mBdLjHUFoahkZo4Q2)
The application should include:
- Online Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae must include/ Education, Experience (Exhibition, Residency, Event…etc)
- Portfolio must in PDF file
- Residency Plan must include/ Creation Plan in Pier 2, workshop plan (Please write specifically)
- Links of your websites, blogs, and online photo albums of your art works.