Reports to: Director,
Position Type: Full time in New Delhi,India, Mon-Fri, 10:30am-6:30pm
Remuneration: Negotiable as per work experience
Joining Date: 14th November, 2019
Last Date for applications: 9th October, 2019
Summary of Position
Khoj International Artists Association ( Khoj) is seeking candidates for the post of Program Manager to lead Khoj’s curatorial projects, residencies, exhibitions and other events. This is a call for a full time position. Candidates would additionally work on communications, administrative duties and other aspects of the organisation’s functioning. Applications are invited from individuals who have had requisite experience in the field of art administration, curation and academia and are interested in contemporary art practice.
Organisation Profile :
Khoj International Artists’ Association is a non-profit experimental contemporary art organisation, based in Khirkee Extension, New Delhi. It hosts a wide range of contemporary arts related public programming, including artist residencies, exhibitions, public lectures, seminars and workshops.
A Programmes Manager with Khoj International Artists’ Association works closely with the rest of the Khoj team to ideate and implement all the internal programming at Khoj, including thematic residencies, exhibitions, seminars, talks and other events. This is a full-time position based in Delhi.
The responsibilities of a Programmes Manager include:
- Coordination, implementation, curation and ideation of internal programming at Khoj in collaboration with the rest of the Khoj team
- Liaising with artists and collaborating organizations
- Writing and developing project proposals and proposals towards fundraising/ securing grants.
- Writing exhibition text, program text and reports.
- Assisting with fundraising related communications and tasks
- Managing programmes and inquiries related to programming in the building
- Working with communications team to manage Khoj’s online presence, on social media, events, website, etc
- Manage departmental budgeting, invoicing and billing
- Contribute/manage the team’s production calendar.
- Monitoring and Reporting on the projects assigned.
- Other special projects as assigned by Director
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional Experience in the field of Arts Management/Curation of at least 1 year
- Academic Qualification of Masters (or equivalent) in Arts Management/Curation/Art Practice/Social Sciences
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self driven with the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in MS office. Proficiency with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro would be an advantage
- Professional integrity and ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion.
- Strategic thinker with methodical project management and execution skills, with a strong interest in arts management
- Must be a self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and see tasks through to completion, and remain flexible under pressure.
- Ability to interact respectfully, collegially, and professionally.
- Willingness to be a team player throughout the organization, and in the community at large.
- Belief in Khoj’s mission and work.
Please email a completed job application, cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a cover letter and resume as a single attachment.
Include “PM: First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.
Khoj International Artists Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Khoj International Artists Association strongly encourages applicants from members of groups underrepresented in careers related to museums and the visual arts.