Reports to: Director,
Position Type: Full time in New Delhi,India, Mon-Fri, 10:30am-6:30pm
Remuneration: Negotiable as per work experience
Joining Date: 14th November , 2019
Last Date for applications: 14th October, 2019
Summary of Position
Khoj International Artists’ Association is seeking candidates for the position of Project Coordinator for various art projects and the ATSA programme. The Project Coordinator will be responsible, in consultation with the Khoj programmes team, for the administration of grants for artist projects. They will also take care of various administrative functions related to ATSA. Strong organizational skills and clear and regular communications with various stakeholders, funders and grantees are essential. Candidates would additionally work on communications, administrative duties, etc as required by the projects. Applications are invited from individuals who have requisite experience in the field of administration. Knowledge of the cultural sector would be an added advantage.
Khoj International Artists’ Association is a non-profit experimental contemporary art organisation, based in Khirkee Extension, New Delhi. It hosts a wide range of contemporary arts related public programming, including artist residencies, exhibitions, public lectures, seminars and workshops.
ARThinkSouthAsia is an initiative sponsored by the South Asian network of British Council, Goethe Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan (2010-2019) and Piramal Foundation (2014-2019) in cooperation with Khoj International Artists’ Association. It is designed to help develop skills, knowledge, networks and experience of potential leaders in the cultural sector of South Asia which include museums, the visual and performing arts and digital media.
The programmes are aimed at the arts and culture sector in the wider South Asian region – encompassing Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka – thereby developing an incredible network of peers across countries. to know more about our visit www.arthinksouthasia.org
- Coordinating logistics including travel, lodging and daily operations for programs
- Managing mailing lists, databases and other visitor / audience inventories
- Creating and updating records, databases and websites
- Ensure timely and high quality administration of all the tasks necessary for delivery of the projects.
- Plan and co-ordinate the successful planning and implementation of residential workshop programme (ATSA and CISA) in Delhi and master class and short courses to take place in India and South Asia
- Provide support to fellows for their 4 weeks Secondment in UK/ Germany/South Asian countries and manage their arrival/ departure and ensure the financial support is provided.
- To manage all procurement requirements and to prepare relevant contracts and agreements wherever applicable.
- Follow up with tutor’s for course curriculum, presentations, handouts for residential course
- Manage all practical arrangements for the programmes from conception to final realisation in close coordination with the Project Manager and/or Director.
- Prepare budgets, applications and study material. Handle communications, coordination of logistical arrangements, as well as liaising with vendors, partner institutions, faculty and participants
- Assisting the Program team with organizing and executing select Khoj programs including
residencies, exhibitions, workshops, artist lectures, performances and other special events.
- Managing online Open calls, Opportunities and the application processes of the programmes offered by Khoj
- Strong organizational skills and clear communication skills are essential
- Prior work experience in cultural management or related fields
- Masters or Bachelors degree in relevant fields
- Coordination, planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel, Power point
- Knowledge of Infographics will be an added advantage
- High level of initiative and the ability to identify problems in advance of challenges, and propose workable solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English, basic knowledge of Hindi
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on more than one task simultaneously
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Should have 2-5 years of work experience in administration and project coordination in any field.
Please email your job application, cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a cover letter and resume as a single attachment.
Include “PC”: First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.
Khoj International Artists Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Khoj International Artists Association strongly encourages applicants from members of groups underrepresented in careers related to culture and the visual arts.