Studio Manager & Head Technician
Job Title: Studio Manager & Head Technician
Candidate must be motivated, flexible and able to prioritize responsibilities effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong technical knowledge is essential. Engineering or architecture background is preferred. Candidate should demonstrate an aptitude for working with diverse materials, but a special knowledge of working with metals would be ideal.
A practical mindset and excellent organizational and communication skills will also be required. A strong command of English, written and oral, is expected. Work is labour intensive and will require travelling within and outside of India.
Commitment timeline by contract is a minimum of 2 years with a provisional period of 3 months.
Desired Skills include, but are not limited to:
– Technical: A/V, proficiency with Mac and PC, extensive knowledge of computer operation
– Construction: Proficiency with power tools; comfort using ladders and lifts; familiarity with welding is preferred but not mandatory
– Other skills: heavy lifting (as much as 50lbs at a time); good communication and a positive attitude
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Managing studio personnel and studio building, coordinating workflow and reviewing work contracts with reports
– Working with studio technicians to produce and install artworks and exhibitions
– Managing international production and liaising with curators, institutions, the artist’s gallery and its representatives in relation to installation
– Travelling to oversee and assist in production and installations abroad
– Managing all incoming and outgoing communications related to production and shipping of art works and follow-ups by email and/or phone
– Coordinating with suppliers, managing production and deliveries in time and to deadlines.
– Coordinating with shippers, galleries, and clients to oversee packing and transport of artworks
– Researching to collect information and data related to production of new works
– Maintaining records and creating Word, PPT, Excel documents on various projects and installation manuals
– Communicating with accounts personnel on receipts, budgets and all work related spending
Interested candidates may apply with a CV to: