Srinivas Aditya Mopidevi
Educational Qualification .
• Qualified UGC National Eligibility Test for Lectureship, 30th December 2007.
• Post graduation
Masters in Visual Arts (Art History & Aesthetics) from the Dept of Art History and Aesthetics, Faculty of Fine Arts, The M.S.University of Baroda, Gujarat. India, 2008.
Bachelors in Fine Arts (painting) from School of Fine Arts, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Nampally, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 2006.
• Intermediate (C.E.C)
Sri G. Pulla Reddy junior college (Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh) 2002.
• Secondary School Certificate
Hill Men public school, Banjara hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (Board of Secondary Education,Andhra Pradesh) 2000.
Conferences and Workshops .
• Presented a paper titled ‘Imagining an archive for New Media art in India’ at an International conference titled Archiving the Art Histories: Exigencies and Challenges in Pedagogy and Research organized by ACUA(Association for Artists, Academicians and Citizens for University Autonomy) with the support of IFA (Indian Foundation for the Arts) co-ordinated by Prof.Shivaji K Panikkar,Baroda,2009
• Co- Presented a Paper at the national level student workshop “Gender and Sexuality in Disciplinary Paradigms” organized by Dept of Art History and Aesthetics, Faculty of Fine Arts, The M.S.University of Baroda January 2007.
• Co – initiated a discussion on the article titled ‘Woman Visible: Woman Invisible’- by Rosetta Brooks, at a national level workshop “workshop “Gender and Sexuality in Disciplinary Paradigms “organized by Dept of Art History and Aesthetics, Faculty of Fine Arts, The M.S.University of Baroda January 2007.
Attended Conferences and Seminars .
• Attended an International conference titled “Circuits of the Popular”- an Inter- disciplinary Conference at School of Arts and Aesthetics, JNU New Delhi, March 2009.
• Attended UGC National Conference titled Revisions of History: Region, Literature and Culture organized under UGC-AIS Program by the Dept of English, Faculty of Arts, The M. S. University of Baroda, March 2009.
• Attended an International conference titled Elective Affinities, Constitutive Differences – Contemporary Art in Asia. Jointly organized by Biennale Society and School of Arts and Aesthetics, JNU New Delhi in March 2007.
• Attended a National Conference titled Region, Literature and Culture – Issues and Stakes organized under UGC Program by the Dept of English, Faculty of Arts, The M.S.University of Baroda.
Research Interests and works .
• My current research interests broadly include New Media practices, their role in contemporary socio-cultural-disciplinary milieu. I am also interested to understand the critical implications these genres are making within the discourse of human body. Some of the other research interests include the alternate practices such as performance and site specific works especially the significant ways in which they have attempted to redefine the role of the spectator/viewer within the domain of art practice.
• Worked on the topic “Role of Human Body in Video Art Practices in India”- Issues of Gender, Sexuality, Class and Cross Cultural Affiliations for my dissertation thesis of Post Graduation.
• Written catalogue write up for a show titled “Discursive Palette” held at the Exhibition hall, Faculty of Fine arts campus, Baroda in February 2008.
• Written catalogue write up for a group exhibition of young artists from Baroda at Priyasri Art Gallery, Mumbai, September 2008.
Work Experience .
• Recently joined College of Art, New Delhi as a Visiting Faculty for the subject, Aesthetics
• Working as Research Assistant for the Visual studies stream under SPEAR (School of Arts and Aesthetics Project for Education in the Arts and Resource Building) Project at School of Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi since a period of 8 months.
• Worked as a Gallery Administrator for Priyasri Art Gallery Worli, Mumbai for a period of 6 months based at their office in Baroda, Gujarat.
Personal Profile .
Father’s Name : Dr. Mopidevi Krishna Swamy (late).
Date of Birth : 23rd June 1985
Gender : Male
Languages Known : Telugu, Hindi and English
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indian
I hereby declare that the information furnished above is true to the best of my knowledge.
Srinivas Aditya Mopidevi