Faseeh Saleem has been exploring various perspectives of Art & Design in different contexts. He graduated with a BA in Textile Design from Beacon House National University (BNU), Lahore, Pakistan (2003-2007). This further encouraged him to explore his creative potential in designing multipurpose and multivariate fabrics and graduate with abilities to practice as a fiber artist.
Saleem went to do an MFA in Fashion and Textile Design with specialization in textile design and fiber art at The Swedish School of Textiles (2009-2011), which helped him to develop various methods and techniques. Creating work on industrial machines made him break the boundries of where regular production is replaced by producing Art on Industrial machines. Thises experiences still make Saleem question the layers of complexity between Art and Design.
• ‘Exit’ 1th June – 30th Aug 2011, Master Degree work, Borås Textile Museum, Sweden.
• ‘Art without Boundaries’ 4th – 6th Oct 2010 Total Arts Gallery the courtyard, Al Quoz. U.A.E
• ‘Beneath the Surface’ 6th & 7th Aug 2010, Two days preview of works at Rohtas 2, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Tillsammans/together, 6th -19th June 2010, Design for Past, Present and Future Relations, a collaboration sponsored by IKEA for the Wedding of Crown Princess of Sweden, Stockholm, Sweden.
• Stockholm Furniture Fair, 9th – 13th Feb 2010, Swedish School of Textiles, Stockholm, Sweden.
• ‘Print Show’ 15th – 28th Dec 09, Group Show at Khaas Gallery, Islamabad, Pakistan.
• ‘Playground’ 15th -21st May 09, Post Graduate show at Allhamra Art Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan.
• ‘Print more’ 20th Jan to 2nd Feb 09, Group exhibition at Khaas Gallery Islamabad, Pakistan.
• Graduate Degree show 26th- 29th May 07, Allhamra Art Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan.