2007 Masters in Visual Arts in Art History and Aesthetics, Department of Art History, Faculty of fine arts, MSU, Baroda – 390 002.
2004 Course in Etching with scholorship – Manhattan Graphic Centre, New York.
2002 Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting, College of Fine Arts, Chennai, India.
Series on Contemporary American Art based on shows and exhibits in New York (in Tamil), Thinnai E-magazine (www.thinnai.com) between 2003 – 2005
Contributions ( Reviews of shows and exhibits in Baroda/ Chennai, interviews with artists) to Matters of Art, E-Magazine between June 2006 to January 2007.
Visual regimes and Women’s Bodies: Between Global Capital and National State, News Letter of Women Studies Resource Center, Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda. – 2006
Consensus and Contestations Around Popular Icons in Tamilnadu: Issues of Women in Representations – Journal of Forum for Contemporary Theory, Baroda, funded by Ford foundation and Louisiana University. (to be published)
Papers presented in Seminars and Workshops attended
– Attended a month long workshop at Gopalpur, Orissa conducted by Center for Contemporary Theory Baroda titled, Secular Criticism : Theory, ethics and critical Practice after Said.
– Co-ordinated an All India Students Workshop in MSU, Baroda on the title, Gender and Sexuality in the Disciplinary Paradigm between Jan 8th and 11th, 07. The event was sponsored by the Bodhi Art Gallery and Fine Arts Film Club, MSU.
– Presented a paper at the Young Researchers Workshop, Center for the Study of Culture and Society, Bangalore titled Reconstituting the Sacred: Tamil and Other Divinities (A study of DMK Monuments) March 3-4.
– Recipient of Khoj fellowship for their Peer Program Critic-in-Residence at Khoj, Delhi between March 15 and June 15’07.
– Presenting paper titled Reconstituting the Sacred: Tamil and Other Divinities ( A Study of Two Monuments Built by the Regional Party – DMK in Tamilnadu, India) at the forth coming seminar Aesthetics Bridging Cultures which is part of XVIIth International Congress of Aesthetics, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey, 9-13 July 2007
2006 – Curated an exhibition titled Con-figure in Hues Art Gallery, Chennai.
(An exhibition by artists in Baroda)
I have been a Key holder and working artist sharing the print making space in Manhattan Graphic Center, Canal Street, New York between the years 2003-2005. The responsibility involved taking care of the administration, attending phone calls and looking after registration for two days in a week.
Exhibitions & Scholarships:
As I have been a practicing artist for the past 12 years I have also exhibited my works in the following shows
1999- Solo Exhibition of Paintings and Prints – Paris
2000- Solo Exhibition of Paintings and Prints – Alliance Francaise de Chennai
2003 – Guest Artist (by invitation) – Federation of Modern artists, New York with Sonia Salder
2003- Spring term Scholarship at Manhattan Graphic Center, New York.
2004- Annual Group show at the Brent Sikkema Gallery, New York towards the fund rising program for AIDS.
1995 – 2005 – Took part in Many Group shows.